Quote:

Quote:

Need C body Hexes in them E bodiesssssssss

Yeah, then you could step up to 1 3/8" bars and definetly overspring your E body.

Interestingly enough, the earlier B bodies, despite their size, are much lighter than E bodies. I'm always amazed how heavy E bodies really are.

Although right now my favorite site is down so i cant link actual proof, i'll still have to disagree with you. Unless you are talking pre-65 B-bodies, the E platform is still lighter. I am (always) talking on a base to base model comparison. The B's you saw driving down the road in the mid to late 60's generally were lighter than the E's you saw driving around in the early 70's, but this is misleading. The average options checked off/ordered was certainly less in the late 60's, just the same in the 70's everyone was wanting to look the part and play the part (even if in fact they weren't) and more options got checked. Early B's were more likely to have smaller engines, and there was less to those engines, and really, to every part ov the car. Safety mandates were only half the story.

The reality is, that if you took a bone-stock and ZERO-optioned 70 E-body and compared it to the same 65-68 B-body, it WILL be lighter. But no one wants to drive around in a 6cyl 3speed, 7 1/4" Challenger with no power options, 14x5" wheels and no sway bars (trust me, i have exactly this... its no fun). They want Hemi-everything (save the actual Hemi, but lets jam a 700lb 440 and a Dana 60 in there anyways) and every option.

For a starting point, weight-wise a 70 E-body (preferably a Barracuda) is the best starting point for a mid-sized Mopar race car. They get noticeably heavier with every single year, just like the B-bodies did. A 65 is going to be way lighter than a 70 B, everything else being equal.

I am always amazed at how heavy people let their E-bodies get. A 3800lb Challenger is goddamn ridiculous. Worse, is that the heavier they get the more that weight seems to find itself over the front end. My stock 3000lb 70 still has an appalling frt/rr bias, but it just seems to get worse from there for most builders (not all). Hard for it not to... most ov the fun stuff goes up front.

Another question is, do you really want to 'fix' the handling ov a way front-heavy E-body with stronger T-bars? Before jacking that front rate further, i'd do everything in my power to equal out the frt-rr bias, or get it as close as possible. When you get the bias as good as you can, THEN spring the hell out ov it.