I watch Ebay for things people run into for these engines. The core plug kits are expensive and can be hard to find if you don't know who has them. I just bought a few as I was missing a couple plugs in a block. I will have a kit that is not complete now. I also bought a broken motor plate cheap. These are handy as you can cut all the extra off of it and use it for a belt drive plate. The EEI aluminum blocks have side mounts on them for the dirt cars. So a plate like this could be used.

If anybody gets in a jam and needs either of these just let me know. I'm sure no one wants to buy a $100 kit to replace a missing $10 plug.

I have gotten several calls about flywheels and adapters. Was told my name was given on Moparts as the R5 guru. Not hardly. The problem I see is everyone is trying to do this a different way. Arrington made adapters much cheaper than the ones on Ebay. But, he uses the NASCAR starter and flywheel. There is no easy way to drive a torque converter with this according to what I hear.

I plan to try a different approach this year. My chassis is just not long enough from radiater to drive shaft loop for the adapter. Don't want to rebuild car to accommodate the adapter. Going to go to a Reid bell and a custom flywheel. I will not know until I get the bell what I can do on the flywheel. I may just remake the adapter for the JW wheel. Currently I have Bobsprofab crank adapter and the JW adapter. No issues but, I think I can do this in one piece. If anyone wants to do the same deal it would be much easier if I did a few of these at once. So please PM me if you are interested. I probably can't quote a price. But, it will be at cost. No reason to try and make money at this stage.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.