Went testing Fri night. Track way fairly good. Car was leaving hard but having issues starting around 25 ft out. Tried several adjustments with rear shocks and tire pressure with no change.

Sat had a no track prep VA STREET OUTLAWS race. Leaned over the fender to pull a plug and realized the shock seemed to have no compression control. Found the adjuster backed out. Corrected this.

Long story short. No track prep on and ole airstrip 60 ft was 1.37 and ran 5.88@119.8 consistently. No one could believe an all motor small block driven on the street was running these numbers. Finished 6th against nitrous, blowers, and 700+ engines. Once I have time to go through the engine and fix all the loose ends it should really knock down some numbers. I suspect the 358 would have ran the same numbers with more gear ratio. The new 440 R5P7 only was turning 8,000 where the 358 really liked 9,000-9,500.

Still can't understand why more of these engines are not out there. My cousin was wanting to spend a couple thousand on stuff to do a street blower set up on his 340. I could not get it through his head the 358's are cheap especially when you buy them apart. Change a few things like pistons and rings which are all available cheap on Ebay and you have a very top shelf engine for literally pennies on the dollar.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.