The EEI aluminum block is $7,500. That is with Jesel Keyway bushings, head studs, roller cam bearings, align bored, bored and honed to size, and square. The Dart block does not even compare according to the sources I have talked to that build both engines for circle track.

You can still pickup cast iron blocks cheap but are limited by the small mains and displacement if you plan on power adders that is a big deal.

Tony the M&M intake was ported by Dart. The ones I have seen on SB2's were ported else ware and did not make the extra power expected either.

We will not be needing a proflite. Stroke and weight loss are in the near future.

I just bought some more stuff. The spare parts were really nice and just need cleaning up. The candied Apple I was going for can handle a lot of improving on some small issues. The previous owner swapped parts and paid no attention to intake ports matching or anything of the sort. Bound to be some room for improvement. I already have to swap pans. Remove the heads and check everything out so. Just a few more bolts and some huge changed can be made. Just don't know how patient I will be. I may come out in a few weeks with close to what I brought home. Then again things may just turn to a nitrous eating dragon that plans to take no prisoners.

I just have a couple concerns like the steel rods I hate to replace just because they are steel. Know very little about the Mahle pistons. The cam is definitely too small. But, is there time to get a cam ground and I know little about what a P7 combo wants in a nitrous cam. I tried at least 10 different combinations on cams pistons and compression on my W8 before I was satisfied.

And there is a local Outlaw Street race coming up that I would not mind trying out. The track is going to be worse than any highway, that I can guarantee with no prep. Good thing is there are no BS rules that have nothing to do with street legal like some of the others.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.