Just received a PM about adapter plates. I would like to share what little I know.

ATI makes and adapter plate similar to what they did for glides behind mopars. It adapts the pattern over to an Olds pattern. Then you use an olds case or an olds aftermarket bell.

BOBSPROFAB makes an adapter with crank adapter that uses your mopar starter. Depending on the crank pattern 6 or 8 as to which adapter and flex plate you use. I have this in my car now, it works.

Someone on Ebay sells one that looks about the same. $950

Kowalsky machine in Lynchburg, VA has made a few for their customers. It uses the R5 starter and is a thinner adapter with a custom made flexplate or flywheel.

My plans this winter is to take a SB Mopar aftermarket bell for powerglide and plug the current bolt holes. Then redrill for the R5. Then have a flywheel made for my crank with the 130 tooth starter ring. If anyone is interested I could do a few at that time and save money for everyone. But, I am not going to do extras on a chance.

R5P7 Bantam made his own midplate adapter deal pretty similar to ATI's adapter.

The price guys want for the adapter have run a lot of people away. They should not be this highly priced IMO. But, if you only do a couple here and there it cost more to do them.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.