Quote:

I think you tricked me, and I fell for it, but TC, weren't you the one that brought up Ackerman in the first place, and now we decide its no big deal anyway, oh well, I get to learn something anyway, big thumbs up goes here.

Anyway its an interesting idea, has this been done before? I wouldn't think it was easy to mount a lower ball joint/arm assembly from the back, but I'll have to find one and see for myself.

Nah, I'm not usually that calculating to be able to pull off a manipulative thread witha preduicated outcome like that. Besides, I think we could all count the number of dedicated road race style competition cars on this site on one hand. That means ackerman in QA1 designs would be germain for the vast majority of cars out there who may be buying their product.

Quote:

Factory suspensions are designed around the frame to be at a given height - at that height the UCA's + LCA's are at angles that minimize unwanted caster/camber gain/loss, etc. - their "sweet spot". Dropping the frame - and those suspension points - can't have a positive effect on that.

True, but those can be manipulated to some degree to overcome the changes involved. People who are insistent about optimization will take those steps, those who aren't wont and they won't be as fast as the former. I just said it was possible, not that it was necessarily easy.

Quote:

What we really need is a lower ball joint/steering arm that uses screw in or press in ball joint and bolt on steering arms so we can put them where we want them! Then move the motor back enough to fit a rack in there. Moving 500-600 pounds as far back and low as possible is always a good thing!

Agreed. That is additional adjustability that can only help. Aren't the guys up at Firm Feel mocking up some set ups similar to this using post '72 B body parts?