Quote:

Quote:

So it will be tube k member with rack steering with torsion bars? That could be a nice set up, do you have a time line as to when you will be starting on this?

Yes that is correct. Rack and pinion with Tubular structure and torsion bars. I was a bit surprised by the torsion bars still in the design, but with a good shock and the right balance, sky is the limit.

I received notification a few weeks ago that they finalizing the contract. I suspect we should hear something this week.

UPDATE:

I sat down with QA1 yesterday to go over the product. There is some information that I gave earlier that is going to change. The K-member will NOT have the rack and pinion. It will uitilize stock mounting points and a stock box. One point of contention was they are only designed for manual steering. The engineers are double checking this as we speak and will get back to me ASAP. I told them, this will need to change. They must design this to except a PS box.

The weight currently is 1 lb. lighter then a stock K-member. When they first started reverse engineering this unit it was 30 +/- lbs. The added strength to avoid flex is why they have reached this revised weight.

So essentially what you are getting is much stronger version of a stock K-member, tubular upper and lowers, and the guarentee of quality that a 100,000 sq/ft facility all laser cut and CNC machined product can give you. More to follow.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html