Quote:

Quote:

Bumpsteer with a rack is the issue with the stock configuration. If you are revising the K frame, put the rack on the front, install the lower ball joints backwards to retain ackerman, and then you can run t-bars without an issue.

But, if this is still in the R&D mode, how can Summit be selling them already?

Are sure about that ackerman solution, I thought the steering arms have to form an imaginary intersection towards the rear, if i understand your suggestion the intersection would be in front with stock ball joints and this ois one of the big hurdles with front steer on a mopar. Did i miss something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

The problem with using a front steer rack is mostly a packaging issue. Your either have to raise the engine for the rack to go under the oil pan, lower the rack and kill the tie rod (horizontal) angle, or shove the rack too far forward for the outer tie rods to stay parallel to the lower control arms. This is the reason you see the outer tie rods shimmed down at the steering arms - the rack is too low, and they are trying to get the tie rod and LCA parallel. I've also seen the racks shoved so far forwards that the outside tire would over-center and start turning back out at maximum turning.

Ideally, you want the tie rods pivot points the same length as the LCA's, and the tie rods parallel to the LCA's on both planes (looking from front to rear, and from the top down). From there you can do the fine tuning to get the inside tire to turn in slightly more to account for the smaller turning radius of the inside tire during hard turns.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........