Quote:

I am just a dummy on here so please explain how this is better than a welded/reinforced K frame?

Have you tested it's "flex" against a stock and welded reinforced K frame? How did you test it? Show us some results.

The K frame is a very integral part of a cars ability to resist flex.

Lighter does not necessarily mean better.

It's not about the money, it's about improving the cars.

Is this a real improvement?

Weight saving to induce more flex is not an option.

What are the weight differences?

Since we don't know each other I thought I should share with you the car I built in the pic. Yes it has a welded/reinforced K frame and more but no roll cage. It eats SRT8 Challengers on the road course with ease.

So tell me how this new idea will improve lap times?

Tom- Let me start by saying I have not sat down with QA1 yet to stragetize the final development on this product, nor do I have the unit in front of me. So I am not going to guess on technical information that I just don't have.

I run a fairly quick car myself and have 0 welding done to the K-member so I am quite excited to see what it has to offer over the R & R of a 50 year old unit.

The flex numbers will have to be something that I can test once the old and new are sitting next to each other. How do I test this?....I don't know, how did you test your welded K-member? Science or seat of the pants??

The unit is designed to except Rack and Pinion, tubular lower and upper CA's, so obviously there won't be many similarities between the two but, I agree, the overall strength is an important part of the car. Let's also remember not everyone is out here to race their car, but to be allowed to use some more modern technology on the car to make it drive better in non-performance situations. This unit may take care of both situations, we will see.

There are still a lot of questions I need answered myself, so once I get to that point with QA1, I will share what I know.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html