Quote:

Quote:

Are sure about that ackerman solution, I thought the steering arms have to form an imaginary intersection towards the rear, if i understand your suggestion the intersection would be in front with stock ball joints and this is one of the big hurdles with front steer on a mopar. Did i miss something?

Yup, you missed it. You're thinking of swapping ball joints side to side, like the spindle/caliper relocation trick. I'm talking about leaving the ball joint installed on their correct side, but rotating the tie rod end forward, thus putting it outboard of the ball joint, retaining the ackerman triangle. However, this is speculation on my part because of the relative location of the tie rod mount. I have not graphed it to see how accurate it is.

I think you tricked me, and I fell for it.
, but TC, weren't you the one that brought up Ackerman in the first place, and now we decide its no big deal anyway, oh well, I get to learn something anyway, big thumbs up goes here.

Anyway its an interesting idea, has this been done before? I wouldn't think it was easy to mount a lower ball joint/arm assembly from the back, but I'll have to find one and see for myself.

Regarding Evil's comment on the front rack interfering with motor height, that isn't much of an issue on my year/model of mopars because the motor seems far enough back that oil pan interference is not an issue, which is I thought the main reason for front steer rack anyway.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.