Quote:

Okay, I read the tuning page there again and if I'm reading it correctly, it states to check the throttle plate relationship if you have a lean condition causing a stumble and off-idle hesitation. Then it recommends checking the float levels and then the power valve for an excessive rich idle situation. I've been wondering if that could have anything to do with my power brakes not feeling exactly right??? How do I vacuum check the power valve?.....Thanks

Bullit:

While the throttle plate/T-slot thing will certainly cause an off-idle stumble, it can also cause pig-rich idle because the the mains start flowing at idle. Most people won't complain as long as the car seems to run right, no matter how bad the exhaust stinks (and they have to clean their back bumper every time they drive, and replace the plugs...) Kudos to you for being willing to go the extra mile.

As far as checking the power valve...if you have (or know anyone who has) a Mityvac vacuum pump, you can check the power valve with a suction cup that comes with the kit, and although it's a hit-and-miss proposition, it can be done. I have a power valve tester from Moroso that is used with the Mityvac that works much better.

Just what you wanted to hear...after buying a timing light only to find out that your timing was fine, now there's something else to buy. Do you have any car buddies who might at least have a Mityvac kit you could borrow?

Jim