That is impressive with a stock bottom end for sure. They still pulled it apart,ported the heads,changed valve springs and put in a different cam and lifters.Plus it has a $800 intake on it.

Well, I have a buddy with an 01 trans am grudge race car that makes over 1200 to the tire and has the plastic intake on it. I'm a Mopar guy through and through, but an LS with a bunch of boost and a lot of factory parts is an absolute killer. This car is also a street car. He drives it to work all the time.

I think the point was kinda missed here. The point was over 1200hp was made on a stock block and stock rotating assy. A gen3 hemi can't even get half way there on stock pistons an rods. I am currently building what should be a 1000hp 6.1, and it sucks that I have to replace the entire rotating assy because of ring lands, rods that fly apart and a crank that doesn't oil, and the GM guys don't even have to take theirs apart. Think about it, you could literally build a car that could go high 8's and not have to pull the block out of the car.

Jack Irons Jr. '67 GTX, turbo 6.1 HEMI