Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This thread needs more Gen 3 hemi's.

This:

with one of these shiny things...

Should make a 3400 lb car with a 4 speed and a Dana go into orbit...and then I can turn up the boost.

9lbs on a similar build to mine took a 4300 lb wagon to 1.53 60 foot and 11.0 @ 124...

And I really won't have much at all into it. There are a ton of guys switching up parts over on LXForums for cheap and the fact that there are millions of cars in junk yards makes piecing this stuff together easy.

LsWHAT?

More Hemi..OK!! The LS guys are using stock short blocks. This is what you get using stock crank and block from the hemi. I am thinking the GM guys have a better starting point.

Yep, that's the Achillies heel of the HEMI, they are very sensitive to boost and can't take what a stock LS can. Throw in a proper set of rods and pistons and its a different story

NO boost,,,and a proper set of rods and pistons were used. All indications point to a poor oiling crankshaft. Before anybody says..."you have to use the 6.1 oil pump"..this engine had a Barnes oil system. I am a Mopar lover/racer, but, the GM people seem to have an advantage in what is available to work with from the factory and their factory seems to work with them.

Ah that's the dirt track engine you built, if I remember correctly it suffered from the same problem that the Drag Pac cars have, high rpm oiling problem (7500+) and takes out the 3&4 rod right? Only a couple of guys (Barton for one) have figured the "secret" it seems, something about oil leaving the crank oil passages at high rpm. Supposedly you can redrill the passages or an aftermarket crank fixes the problem.
Have you figured out what the problem was/is?