Several people in the Dakota world have done LS-swaps. Some used the GM computers and some used Standalone EFI.

I want to know where you guys are getting LS motors for $800. Every junk yard I've talked to as soon as you say LS the price Jumps to $1500+.

I honestly wouldn't waste my time with anything less than the GOOD (BIG CUI) LS2,6,7.

And yes the Gen-3 Hemi stuff is comparable in price. $2500 for new Short block from Mopar, $750/ea for heads. Far as an after market, Don't really need it when you got heads like the 6.4L available which flow as good as most aftermarket LS heads (less the Mozez heads).

When you start looking at going over 550hp. The cost evens out really fast. It comes down to how cheap can you get your block and heads for, everything else is priced close to the same.

Now if I was looking at just going fast as I could, it would be an LSx in a Fox-Mustang.

Now availability on the other hand!!! Finding and getting LS parts is a lot more accommodating than the find and wait, Hide and seek game with many Mopar parts. Even the ones in production.