Quote:

Thats just it... you can re-cam a junk yard LQ4 or LQ9 (6.0) and throw the L92 heads (big port) and make 500HP, THEN add nitrous it for 800HP... all for around $2K... freakin crazy... Meanwhile I can sell my 340 for $3-4K that would pay for the LS swap and then some... Just thinkin out loud I guess... I never liked mixed breed cars, but just seems you cant beat it for the money...

I will agree that LS's are impressive...but it's nowhere that cheap and easy to make 800hp with an LS. Yes...that can be built fairly cheaply....but not that cheap. How do I know?

My brother owns a fairly popular speedshop that specializes in LS performance and swaps....one of the cars that he built a twin turbo setup and did the tuning on just won a Wally at a fastest streetcar race in pomona a few months ago...so he knows his stuff, and it aint that cheap. But it is impressive....I see lots of 5K dollar LS's that run mid 11's because they have good parts. If you spray 300 hp of nitrous with a stock plastic intake be prepared to pick the pieces up off the track and hope your engine doesn't ingest much of it. I do appreciate what your saying....and if you want an LS, go for it...you will get a lot of bang for your buck!

Oh....I' finally got back to working on my own car...A 440 Mopar with an LS Computer/EFI/and coil on plug ignition...