Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_1106_turbocharged_hemi_engine/viewall.html

It's not the engine and parts that cost a lot for swapping them in... it's all the other stuff you need. I thought about the swap into my challenger, but I decided to stick with a stroked 440 and add an od trans. Maybe not as good mpg's but more power for less $ overall.

Same here, I've done alot of thinking and searching and I've decided my next build will be another super simple BB stroker.
340Rick put a Gen3 Hemi in his Challenger with a stroker kit and a few little upgrades and it went 9.91 right off the bat, that is just awesome but for me and my tight budget I'm just gonna do my old combo again, a simple 400 block, 440 crank(451 cubes), 590 Purpleshaft cam and some Eddy heads, I went 9.80's with this combo and I'll probably detune the next one and drive it everywhere.

I think I could or with some help eliminate a lot of the costs... but I'd rather keep it more simple. I originally wanted to do it for the fi and add a turbo, which is not keeping it simple, but I may change my mind again.