I have thought about this swap more than once but looking at it from all the angles I decided I would find a fox mustang or 75 up nova to do it in. Those cars are cheap, can be made light, and suspension parts are abundant/cheap. I have made my BONE STOCK 318 live through 18-19lbs of boost, too much timing, and crappy pumpgas for over a year now and the only problem I have had is a blown head gasket and a cracked piston (piston is still cracked ) Eventually I know it will go out in flaming glory but for $135 at my local yard I can pick up another. For the cost in going to an LS I could build a decent 360 with good rods and pistons and on a conservative tune, still go as fast as I need my street car to be. I like going to local cruise-ins and gathering a crowd to check out my 6 different colored pos, If it had a turbo LS most would pass it by as there are 3 turboed LS cars that come to the same cruise regularly. I'm not a fan of franken-swaps, but I do think the LS platform is the best production engine out there if someone was so inclined. I am still going to a powerglide this winter though