Quote:

Quote:

The 11.something reading was with the engine OFF. With the motor running, the reading on the blue wire of the ballast is 14+V.

A normal, fully charged battery should hold 12.8 volts.
Your ignition system will draw 3.6 amps (only!) and your voltage feed to the ballast & coil drops to 11.something...there is something that doesn't add up...

Voltage at battery is ~12.7V (not fully charged from cranking), voltage @ black pin on ign switch harness is ~12.25V, voltage at blue pin of ign switch harness is ~12.05V.

Looks like I am losing about .4 volt on each bulkhead connections (and wire run) and about 1/4 volt on the ignition switch itself. This would account for the difference. However running it's 14+V @ the ballast so I think that's OK.

I agree it seems high but those connections are CLEAN and packed with dialectric grease. I dn't see it getting much better...

Can anybody here tell me what a "healthy" spark voltage to have is at the plugs? The consistant 10KV I am getting seems low. Would this be low enough to cause my engine dying problem?

I would think even with OEM coil, I would be getting a solid 15-20KV at least...