Guys,

I appreciate the suggestions. I have checked grounds, run dedicated ground jumpers to the VR and ECU box housing. I have tried jumping from the starter relay to the blue ignition circuit after the motor dies. I cannot figure this out!

Since my last post I have done the following:

- went ahead and put in the brand new dash harness and fuse block. All connections cleaned and packed with dielectric grease

- gauge cluster is out of car and the two ammeter leads are just tied together and taped over

- rebuilt steering column and put in new ignition switch

After doing all this - no change! The motor starts just fine from cold and will run 15 minutes or so and then you see it start idling lower and lower for about a minute and then it dies! No surging/missing/popping...just dies. After this, can't restart until cooled off again.

When dead, checked voltage on coil in "run" it gets ~3V and "start" gets ~7.5V. I hooked up a spark plug tester and I am getting spark at the plugs so coil is firing.

I am at my wit's end here! I have replaced just about everything on the ignition circuit and can't shake this problem. I have jumpered grounds, swapped parts, and bypassed the hanress numerous times/ways! EVERY single wire on this car is new! We aren't even dealing with cruddy 40 yr old wires!

Where do I look now? Could this be a mechanical issue?? I can't see what could be wrong with the motor itself that would go from purring to dead in 15 mintutes everytime! Carb issue?? I am about 99% sure I'm getting fuel though....

I wouldn't mind taking this to a mechanic but I don't know of any that would know this old stuff and be any better at this than I am!

Any other ideas?