Quote:

I see that you have changed the coil- but was it a new one or old/borrowed one???

almost sounds like as it warms up it shorts out!!

my

Coil I swapped in was the stock replacement from Advance Auto, brand new.

Ok here is what I get when I go from run to start with the starter motor disabled (all volatges across + to - coil terminals):

With coil leads off the coil: ~10.6V run and ~11.5V start

With leads connected to coil: ~3V run and ~7.4V start (spikes @ 10.6V momentarily)

This leads (no pun intended) me to believe the coil is almost a large short (lower resistance than ballast) so it "takes" less of the voltage than the ballast...hence the voltage difference between the connected/unconnected leads.

Remembering back from how a generic coil should work, this makes sense, low current draw at first moments then goes to almost a short as time goes on...

Also the coil shows primary resistance of around 1.2 ohms and secondary of ~6.2 Kohms. It is an MSD Blaster II.

Is this normal? Can anybody tell me here what a "healthy" coil voltage should show in "run" position with leads connected? I pulled the harness apart and I am pretty sure the wires are fine from ballast to the coil. Wires look fine from coil back to ECU as well...

Pulling out what little hair I have left here!