OK I got my toubleshooting in for today. Here is what I found as the car warmed up from cold then died after 15 minutes or so:

- voltage on ignition side of ballast resistor ~14.5V
- volatge on run side of ballast (brown wire) ~ 4.7V
- voltage on + coil terminal (ref to ground) ~ 4.7V

These readings hold pretty steady right up until the motor dies and they do drop slightly but I would guess that is due to the lower idle speed as the engine dies.

Timing light hooked up the entire time to coil wire and seems to be steady spark from coil the entire time. When the engine dies and you try to crank it, it shows RPMs of about 800 or so which would mean 100 RPMs from starter cranking. I would think this is indicative of spark from coil.

The only ignition things left could be dizzy/plugs/wires. I would think if the dist pickup where bad (just replaced - brand new) then the motor would not be getting spark. If the wires or plugs were going, the motor would be missing/popping/surging which is not the case.

I looked in the carb after the motor dies and I can definitely see the pump shot when you blip the throttle (and smell it).

If we assume the gas is still in the bowls (hence the pump shot), wouldn't that mean the carb is sill giving fuel from the jets? If not, what could cause this to stop?? This is just venturi effect which "pulls" the gas from the jets basically...right?

I just can't fathom this being a carb issue with it ruuning so well and then dying after 15 minutes like clockwork. Can anything in the carb even cause this??