When Boone woke me up Saturday morning...I was still feeling most of Friday, that was a long day, and 6 hours of sleep didn't feel like much. Rachael was fired up to get her Vacation in full swing. The 3 of us headed to Dale's, leaving Darren, Jamie, and Dad in full thrash on the Charger.
Mike arrived at Dale's shortly after we did, and crawled under the dash of the Valiant to attempt to get the new temp guage wired up, and the brake lights working. If there are 20 things I feel comfortable with Mike doing on my car...wiring would be about number 19 on the list, but with the passenger seat added to the Valiant..I don't fit under there at all!
Dale's Wife had left to go on a women's retreat, so Rachael moved into the kitchen for a look around, and declared, "Dad give me your bank card, so I can go get groceries and cook everyone breakfast!"
I gave up the plastic, and heard the Belvedere fire up a few minutes later.
Darryl laughed and shook his head, "Your card AND your car?"
"That car is no longer his", Boone retorted. "Took possession of it and lost it in less than a week!"

She came back bragging about how many people liked "Her" car at the grocery store, but I figured she had a week to learn to hate it if things went wrong!
She stepped outside a little later and told us all to come in for breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuits were piled high.
"Where's the gravy?" Mike asked quickly.
"Don't know how to make it, and I didn't buy any at the store..."
"Good grief Child...where's the grease from the bacon and sausage", he interjected, and he began his lesson for the day.
My taste buds were happy...my arteries, not so much!

7399079-SAM_1638-Copy.JPG (102 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines