By the time Boone got back, Dad and I had spent a good while visiting, and not much else. I had my nuetral safety switch re-wired, and had transfered the spark plug wires from the old tach drive MP distributor to the new MSD piece.
Then I re-mounted the old side exit exhaust, with a new rubber bushing for the back mount, and aluminum gasket for the three bolt connection up front to the header. Unfortunately when I had ordered the cool little "snap-fit" rubber bushing from cherry-bomb, I didn't realize I would only get 1! With the other side mounted solid in the back like it was last year, it didn't allow the aluminum gasket room to fit..so one side was improved, the other would just have to survive another year as is! I noticed Boone and Dad struggling with mounting the front fenders and core support, so went over to help out, this decision, I can assure you had nothing to do with the fact that I was losing shade in my area of the yard, and it was 15 degrees cooler where they were working!
Boone went with new hardware in most cases, but these were the fenders and core support off the parts truck, and none of the 40+ old sheet metal ever quite goes together like it came apart! By the time we massaged it all into place the sun was fading and Dale had made it home from work. He couldn't wait to show me his new K-member/rack mount under the Gremlin, and the fact that while he had a good start on the pass-side header, but the steering was still a problem with it and the driver's side header trying to occupy the same area. Dale's friend Tom showed up to help, but Dad had already took Boone's truck and bailed for the night.
We agreed it was a good time to set the bed for the truck down on the frame, so the four of us muscled it over and lined it up for installation, I think Boone got 2 bolts in it in the fading light, and we decided to call it a night.
Boone and I jumped in the Belvedere for the drive to his house, and it was the first time I had driven the car I had traded for/ purchased nearly 10 months earlier.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines