Quote:

what are you doing to the Valiant? we are running the same class Mod NA. what engine are you running in that car?

Last year, despite not ever driving the car on the street before, I had added nitrous and was determined to use it, so I went Mod/PA instead of NA, despite the number difference. My brothers asked me to change but I refused. Mod PA ended up being the fastest 3rd place plaque of any category, NA ended up with one finisher, so despite my terrible 12.52 average, I would've finished 2nd.

It's a 3.79 stroke small-block with a solid cam, j heads, low gear set 904. Went 10.70-123 in drag trim.

I added exhaust, dynomat, extra seat, swapped out the 4.30s for 3.89s, added a different carb...and showed up with no testing. I figured 11.20 on motor/ 10.20 on spray...Never got close. The car has a full cage, but I've never had it certed.

Like most DragWeek guys, I'm conflicted about a plan for this year..Repair it, go be a second slow for the class, and help my brothers. Add power to the smallblock, (I have well-used W-5s on the shelf, but they scare me as far as reliability). Or do I throw the all-aluminum low deck indy BB in with a glide, cert the car and go all in??

Probably just repair it and show up, we are really putting a lot of money and effort into the Gasser truck for my brother, and you know how easy it is to bite off more than you can chew for this deal!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines