I fired up the ole 1-ton and headed into Tulsa, missed the place the first time, and had to back-track. When I stepped out of the truck after parking on the opposite side of the street, I noticed my tailgate had popped open during the drive...just great. On a good note it now cleared the jack on the trailer just fine! There were already 4 people in line in front of Sams, yikes! Walked into the customer sitting area and grabbed a chair that was backed up to a Jensen Interceptor, and panned the shop that was decked out in Mopar banners and pictures everywhere..yeah, I was in the right place! When my turn came, I drove the Valiant off the trailer, across the street, and onto the rack.
"When you called about a 62 Valiant, THIS was not what I expected", Jim Sams joked, "I was thinking ole beater with crusty old 50-year-old parts...everything under here is new!"
After aligning the front end and commenting on how nice it was to have 2 degrees positive caster with the tubular uppers, he addressed the rearend. "You have a small amount of toe-in, not bad, fairly common with an un-braced ladder-bar 9 inch. But it's 3/8 of an inch crooked in the car, you need to either back the driver's side up about 5 turns, or pull the passengers side forward."

On the drive back to Dale's, I answered a call from my buddy Darryl (Darryls-Demon, Moparts), who was bringing his Q-5(turquoise, teal, seafoam??) 69 Dart out from Phoenix for the event as well. He informed me he was in Okie City, and still rolling.
"You should be here in about 2 hours", I let him know.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines