I picked her up in the Belvedere, and she immediately wanted to go visit her cousin Chad, who is close to her age and had just bought a new house. She had google maps already up on her smart phone and said, "Just go that way."
"What street are we taking?" I asked
"Not sure, but I've got a "You are here dot, and a where we are going dot, so start moving and I'll tell you if it's the right direction".

My dad started his career as an OTR truck driver in 1973, every one of us could read maps by the time we were 12, we understood the interstate system, we knew how to read adresses, find our way around just using the numbers on buildings and corner signs. To this day you can ask him about a location giving him only the state mile marker, and highway. He can tell you how far it is to all major cities in that area, the closest rest area, and the closest truck stop...WHERE DID I GO WRONG AS A PARENT!

I mumbled something and headed off in the general direction I knew we should be going, and she managed to not get us lost until we were about 4 miles from his house..so she called and had him bring us in turn by turn after that.
When we were ready to leave there, I put her behind the wheel. "You've got to get some seat time in this old girl, before we hit the track", I explained. 'Don't even use low..It's reverse manual with no low band apply..so just take off easy in second." I figured that was the easiest way to go about it, I didn't want her screwing it up on the street and then blowing her foot off at the track.
She did great until we jumped out on the freeway, traffic was going by her, and she was being tentative to bring it up to speed, finally when she was starting to pass everyone again, I said, "that's good enough..."
"These old cars are wierd", she commented, "It feels like I'm going 70, but the speedo says 50!"
"You're probably closer to 75!" I laughed, "Your Uncle changed the rear gear..speedo's not even close."
"When were you gonna tell me that?" she gave out a holler and stuck her toes in the four barrel.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines