Chris,
The plan was to take 5 cars, since the event is based out of Tulsa, and my 3 brothers all live about 7 miles from the track, we figured this would be the year to go all out.

But, for whatever the reason, no-one in my family gets excited about getting anything running until the absolute last minute, and then taking off on the journey bone tired, with an untested peice.

The Valiant,
Well, I dug the tranny crossmember out of the parts car, cleaned it up and installed it, put in the drive shaft, then went to find the 2 semi-circle parts of the bolt-in DS loop...apparently I put them in the same place as the original crossmember! Carb, fuel system, alt are all back on. Pass side header only took 2 hours this time, haven't tackled the drivers side yet, but it's starting to look like a car!

The Truck,
Boone decided to do a cage instead of a bar, so more work in that area. The rearend is in, so he has a complete rolling chassis, with drivetrain installed..cab hasn't went back on yet though.

The Charger,
Darren finally got his new hood from Unlimited...imagine, a 73 Charger hood, with a 6 inch cowl, starting 3 inches from the front of the hood, and going all the way to the windshield. When he called them last to see when it was shipping, the lady on the phone said, "That's the largest hood I've even seen"!

The Gremlin,
Radiator purchased, but I worry that so much of Dale's effort is going into the truck, that soon a choice will have to be made as to which one is going to go.

The Belvedere,
With the exception of the new tires and wheels, this car sits pretty much the way it finished DragWeek last year. I've bought a bunch of parts to improve it, and Dale contracted to put them on, but at this point none have been done, and with him spread thin as it is, I'm not worried about him working on the only car ready to go.

My plan right now is to head back to OK, from Phoenix, sometime labor day weekend, and join the last week thrash, so I can be worthless by the time the event starts.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines