Pops started working on the hood, prepping both sides for paint, while I took stock of the Belvedere. It has a clunky B&M rachet shifter with a reverse manual valve body, the roll control button they had used for the nitrous last year was laying against the boot as the rubber peice that had held it to the shifter's stick had dry-rotted and broke. I grabbed the passenger's side door to open it from the outside, but it wouldn't budge.
"Boone, I thought you fixed this door before?"
"Did. Kelly has attempted to use that door twice, and she's broke it 2 times!" He shook his head, "Shoved the button so far in she bends the tab, waiting for it to click open..kids don't understand the concept of pull on the handle!"
"Well, I'm gonna order a B&M handle with a built in thumb button, that's the only way Rachael will be able to shift this thing and hit the nitrous!"
"I need a few more things, lets throw an order on now", Boone prodded.

The shifter handle, another set of plugs for the Belvedere. Boone needed a window net and mount kit, a #10 weld on bung, valve cover breathers. Then Boone brought up the infamous head gasket swap of last Dragweek, commenting it only had 8519s and the other one was probably due. I gave him a sheepish look, thinking he had just jinxed us, and ordered a 1009 to match the one he had installed.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines