Ok, so I jumped the gun and got a new radiator.

Champion aluminum 3 core. It looks sweet (especially compared to the old one starting to grow green streaks). It was straight and bolted right in after some minor filing of some corners.

I have it all bolted in and rechecked the system for leaks tonight. It was a quick check done after work with only the dusk to light my work.

Pumped up to 15 lbs and left for 20-25 minutes.

When I came back to check, I discovered the pressure had bled down to 9 lbs in this amount of time. 6 lbs of pressure over 20 minutes.

Several years ago, my younger self would have thrown tools all over the yard. Then, I would just put stop leak in it and run it. However, I have tried to become less “red-neck” over the years and I am actually trying to do it right.

It could be leaking from anywhere…the heads, intake, water pump, water pump housing….

I loosened the alternator bracket several weeks ago, and water started to seep around the water pump housing…just from loose bolts, so I may check this area first. I thought I tightened the radiator pet-cock, but maybe it’s a little loose?

Any ideas on how to discover exactly where the leak is coming from? I don’t want to fill it with water to discover the leak is draining inside my motor again.

I dunno…..maybe I’ll never get to drive this little 318.

Eightlitermopar

Mopar or no car