Quote:

It is colder over here on the other side of the mountains: 16. As stated before, I did not have an issue with the power steering on a 73 LA setup. I also went to an electric fuel pump since I put the 5.L magnum in.
I did a lot of research like you are doing before I bought the magnum heads. I was fully prepared to put them on my old 318 but before I could even clean the old block up, the 1992 5.2 showed up so I jumped at it. So far, no regrets.
Patrick is a good source (and for me a great help) for all things 318/5.2L.
Craig

16 Degrees?! Brrr... I need a garage bad.

I would like to put a newer 5.2 or 5.9 into my old ride at some point, but this is what I have right now. I would really like the overdrive trasmission too!

I looked at several of my old power steering pumps (I have 4 or 5), and the easiest thing would be to grind the "nubbin" off. I froze my own nubbins off in the process, but this is what turned up.

I have not painted it yet, I will wait for a less windy and much warmer day.

I do have some concern with my accessories being so close to the head, I have a small auxillary tranny cooler (B & M super cooler) I may run some power steering fluid through.

I am still trying to decide if my minimal clearance to my alternator is going to cause problems....

Anyway...here is the latest!

7661813-magnum001.jpg (145 downloads)

Mopar or no car