Quote:

Tom - the Edelbrock shocks are fine for the street, but I do agree - for the track you need step it up. I've got a set of Ridetech single adjustables that I'm going to install for track duty so I'll post up and see how they feel in a few weeks.

I can give a quick review of the RideTech's.....Mike was witness to how they worked in our car at the OUSCI. Right out of the box they were a beautiful shock. They are built by FOX in conjuction with Ridetech. Installation was fairly straight forward but they do require some creativity. I know they are working on making it completely compatible. On the track, I do not believe you could ask for anything more out of a semi- budget shock. They have 26 positions to adjust but you can settle into a few area for street and track. The adjustments you feel right away. I do have quite a few bolt on parts on my car to help with body roll, but for overall feel of the track, I give them a 10. I know Mike is going to do a write-up on these in the future, so I am sure he will get into this more.

Can I give some advice on brakes- Be careful with the monster brake kits as a street tire (200 rating and above) can only handle so much force before lock-up. I watched countless cars blow up the tires in the speed stop challenge, because unless you are running slicks, they grip is just not there.

Tom Quad- I am bit concerned about some the advice you are giving... Where do these comments come from? You telling people to stay away from the IAS EDDY monotube shock, but advising them to go to a QA1 twin tube shock instead.....not good advice. The bilsteins and QA1 are not even comparable on B-body applications.

As far as not putting too much tire under the car.....seriously! It's about the balance of the car and what is reasonalbe for what you are using it for. It all starts and stops with the rubber.......

Not trying to pick on you Tom, but Mike and I have not a single MOD to your K-Members and we track them all the time.........with Hotchkis, and other companies, stuff bolted to it.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html