Quote:

Quote:

The rear tires rub slightly on the wheel tubs as it is. I had the axle narrowed to scoot the tires in 3/4" each side. It was cheaper than ordering new rims.

Nice. But you see where I'm going with this: if you had that extra 1.5" of width at the back, Your Charger would back off a bit in the over-steer department

I'm planning on modifying the wheel tubs to eliminate the rubbing issue. Its sorta wierd where it rubs. It didn't rub when the rear sat 2 inches higher. It makes contact at the outer wheelhouse! Its odd that Dodge designed the wheel tubs this way. They dont go straight up alongside the quarter panels like a 67-76 Dart sedan did. The Charger wheel tub outer section sits inboard of the quarter panel by a few inches, Wow. That's alot. which keeps me from having the rims sit out any wider. Like I mentioned, I intend to modify the tubs soon. Thanks for the idea though.

You bet, I got four more ideas starting from free to expensive:

1. Subtract 2psi from the backs and add 2psi to the fronts. Test drive. Subtract another 2 pounds back and add another 2 to the front. Test drive. Did it make a difference?

2. Scale your car at all four corners and then front axle and rear axle to figure out your weight bias. There are chassis Guys that know what the numbers should look like and can help you further.

3. You're not going to like this one, but, adjust the torsion bars to raise the front a 1/4 inch. Test drive. Raise again another 1/4 inch. Test drive. Any difference? Count the turns so you can put them back to where they were if it has no effect.

4. Thicker rear sway bar. It is supposed to help by keeping the high-side rear tire down which means more traction on the back. That equals less over-steer.

Come on guys, let's slow down here.

First off #4 is dead wrong. A bigger rear bar will cause oversteer or a loose condition if not properly balanced to the front.

#3 is bit off also. Raising the center of gravity is not necessarily a good idea. The correct thing to do here is add bigger torsion bars or bigger sway to correct an oversteer condition.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html