The Hemmings article link below talks about that black Hemicuda that was sold at B-J for $801K and was being investigated, anyone know the outcome?

Quote:

I understand your predicament & hope you can find your original. I started a resto 5 yrs ago on my 68 383, 4spd Formula S & misplaced the tag or my mechanic did. Either way, I've got to find the original & even though I have the build sheet, I won't buy a ropop fender tag. The repops look fake to the discerning eye, anyway, & a few yrs ago, my bro bought a $42K, rotiserrie restored 68 GTX from a very 'reputable' dealer & resto shop that was a fake. He didn't know it until 6 mos after he sold the car to put his daughter thru college. Now, after looking at the tag, I can see its a fake. I'd never buy a car from this dealer & certainly question his reputation whether he know about it or not.
I agree, it depends on intent, but I certainly understand Barry's stand. Don't get me wrong, I'm in NO way accusing you of being dishonest, nor demeaning your intent with the following link. This article is exactly why, I believe, Barry feels the way he does. I was a victim of this guy who sold me a damaged 70 hemi block & crank & only found recourse by adding it to this lawsuit, because Barry & another Moparts member saw Pappas's ad on ebay & Hemmings & knew he was selling a fake &posted it on cuda chllenger.com.
Hats off to Barry & Aaron who noticed his tag & vin plate were fakes & posted it on the net. Here's the link http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2006/07/01/hmn_feature16.html
I was going to make a tag on my hemi challenger clone & put OH MANGO Kick ass Hemi, on the bottom line, but never did.

Anyway, best of luck finding your tag.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!