Quote:

I have to chime in here for myself.

I'm strictly against making fake tags and such. But the comments like "what do you want it for unless you want to sell it" are just BS.

I have a '77 Monaco cop car, has the VIN, door tag, emissions tag, etc all in place and the sequential number matches the radiator support, block, etc. The fender tags are missing and so is the buildsheet (though I haven't looked hard for it), is it wrong for me to not want them just for my own amusement? I know what's on the car, is it not ok to add the codes that you know are on the car? Even if you add the minimum that must be on the car, I just want to see something screwed in there, especially the "special handling" tag that's missing.

Sure, if you throw in a line that has an obvious giveaway that your tag is "just for fun", then sure.

How many guys are going to stop at that point? When a 100K payday is on the line, many claiming to be "wearing a white hat" will put on a black one real quick. To think the temptation isn't going to overpower integrity for the right car is pretty naive to say the least.