ECS Dave keeps asking who gives these people the authority. The people do. They don't know everything but they know a lot. Some use their knowledge purely to advance the hobby and others use it as a business. People figure out who can help them figure out what their car is all about and sometimes what to look for when they have questions about a vehicle they are purchasing. Anyone who runs a web site about mopars or other kinds of cars, or anything else for that matter, can become an "expert". I have people contact me all the time about Panther Pink cars because of my web site. I'm not as deep into the numbers as others are and I don't keep track of the market that closely but I can offer those who contact me advice on what they should do to protect themselves from bogus claims and bogus cars.

I've even had "experts" contact me for information that they don't have. I'm all for sharing knowledge but you never know who is on the other end of the e-mail and what their intentions are. I remember a case where a guy kept wanting information about a car on my site that the owner wanted to keep private. After asking a few times nicely, he started to try to bully me to give it to him. People like that can go jump in a lake for all I care.

Barry has every right to help or not help whoever he chooss. He is not a highered authority and since we weren't a witness to the phone call or what transpired, it's between him and the OP. 'nuff said.