Quote:

That is the problem when a "self appointed" person decides to set up camp and run their "Registry." They become like Hitler or Mussolini.

Dave - you lose! see Godwin's law

seriously though - I think the back and fourth on [eric cartman] AUTHORITY! {/eric cartman] getting tired but unfortunately it is relevant for discussing registries.

I think the issue of registries is worth discussing though, let's talk solutions to the perceived problem.

Dave what would you propose as an alternative to these registries.

I see them as a catch 22 myself. The registries have good and bad aspects. I'd love to have them all searchable so I can do my own research but most of the data is these registries is not public and for me this leads to the hoarding model. maybe that does serve to protect the hobby so that's good.

what if the data from all the registries were completely public / open? What if all the hard earned domain knowledge was made public so anyone would be able to determine how a tag or bcs was made - would this lead to more fraud or more informed buyers? maybe both?

again I'd be interested to hear about alternatives to the one person one registry model.