Quote:

Get real folks, and let's get back to the OP's question. Should Barry have the right to withhold the info/docs from the OP? Is that really what the folks who provided all that info/docs to Barry thought would happen when they gave it to him for "safekeeping"? Or did they expect that a true hobbyist could always be expected to take the high road and reunite those docs with the car they belong to?

Any paperwork that concerns a particular car belongs to that car. We have criticized ebay vendors who try to profit by selling broadcast sheets for big bucks, but at least if one being sold is for your car, you can obtain it if you fork out the greedy seller's price to buy it, rather than being told to go pound sand.
If I find a broadcast sheet or dealership paperwork for a particular car I didn't own, and sent it to someone to keep and return to the car's owner if said person could ever be located, and later found out that the owner was found, but that he wasn't given the paperwork because the "keeper" didn't like that person, I would be furious.
From what I've learned from this long thread, if I do find paperwork, I will keep it and try to find the owner myself. I will make the info available to various people who keep track of such things, and tell them to put the owner in touch with me if he turns up, but I wouldn't part with the actual paperwork unless I'm sending it to the cars owner. Years ago when he ran the T/A registry, Jeff Coe put me in touch with the owner of the T/A that I had bcs's for, and I gladly mailed the sheets to the owner no charge, it's no big deal to have a registry act as a middleman instead of actually taking possession of the documents, so that is what should happen.