Quote:

While it's nice to know and is good for internet fodder, the world doesn't necessarily need anymore tedious documentation of original survivors. There are countless originals that have been well documented over the years and just about all of what has needed to be determined regarding what is or isn't correct on these cars is now known.

Well Mike, all due respect but it's simple, in the beginning you state how it is no longer necessary to look for further details, then you turn around and say "just about" like the last few details yet to be discovered don't matter? Seems like a direct conflict with the first part of your post?

In once sense I agree with you Mike, the learning curve isn't as steep as it once was because as a collective group the hobby has learned allot in recent years. However, we aren't quite done yet, the learning curve is still just that, an uphill curve. The curve is far from flat and I don't see an end comming anytime soon as long as there are new unrestored cars to study. The number of remaining shrinks every time one gets a restored, personally I feel everyone of them should be documented to the teeth before going under the knife for any type of work.