Quote:

I appologize if I've stepped on any toes, as I said in my opening comment, I have full respect for BGR as a race car shop, please pardon my ignorance on the subject but I had no idea they did any "restoration" type work.

Bob thank you for your supportive words!

As far as my other comments AT NO POINT did I exclaim that the car should not be driven or stashed away in a hyperbaric chamber for all eternity! I hope the owner drives and enjoys it to the max!

All I was trying to convey is that there are so few of these cars that are still untouched originals, especially the engine bays. It is a shame to lose another pristine example for whatever reason, at least before the finer details are recorded in extreme detail so they can at least be used as future restoration reference material. I am more sensitive to this subject than most because I am heavily involved and interested in restoration work and judging them. I can't tell you how many "survivor" cars I've seen with freshly painted engines and detailed undercarriages, about all that "survived" or was left original was the paint on many of them. I see it as an opportunity to gain knowledge lost and too me that's a shame.

As far as the comments about me losing business? Of course I value the business you guys give me, my customers are my most important asset. But does being a business owner remove my right to voice a personal opinion? I really hope not. In the end whether you agree with my opinions or not I stand by my posts here on Moparts, I'm not perfect and I'll occasional make a mistake, and when I do I'll be the first to take the responsibility.

Thanks Scott,that you like me can and do make mistakes,but are respectful enough to apologize speaks volumes of your character.I was not trying to bash you only defend our reputation.You may not realize what all we do at BGR.We have restored cars and assisted in many high doller projects for many years. No toes stepped on here,just an irritated bear that got poked.