Quote:

I think BG has hit it spot on. I used to make the trek down to Belle Rose but tired of seeing one guy win all the races. Now I just wait for the Teutons and Spyfish to come up to Ennis and chat with some Cajuns here. No mudbug cookouts though. Joe Jr. is winning races with 9.0s and an old bracket motor instead of pouring money into PS engines with Hemi valve covers. I noticed Raybourn got rid of the SS car and now is running a Stocker. Sign of the times and economics.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone,but when you can get a personal relationship or build respect for a person or team you can champion their efforts and support them.I hate NASCAR but was so influnced by Somkey Yunick when I was younger that When I found out they were honoring him at the "last race of the century"(millinium) I made arrangements to fly to Alanta and get full axcess passes to just get to see him,shake his hand and tell him how much I respected him.The pictures of me shaking his hand is like a treasure to me and hangs on the shop wall.I'am so honored by having spent the time with Smokey and how receptive he was to me,that I will always cherish that moment with him.He died not longer after that.