Quote:

Ok what I don't understand is how Pancake could get suspended for having the "same" motor as Daniels and Barton? Why didnt they get suspended? Are they even the same motor? Someone keeping the best pieces to themselves I see...

I think its time Pancake goes to a different engine builder....

Casey

Pancake doesn't have the same motor, its much older, less exspensive, and runs exceptionally well considering. He also knows himself that its not the latest technology. Why it didn't pass that night is beyond me because it checks fine, just like every engine we build.

Its a very long story, but NHRA screwed something up that night and they are holding information from us. I personally think their math was wrong somewhere, but they won't let us see the tech card with the info on it. They do the math on the back side and write the final answer on the front. I'd really like to see the back side of that card but they will not let us.

NHRA checked everything (carbs, heads, bore, stroke, etc.) out ok until they measured the piston dome. They kept coming up with different numbers, anywhere from 1 to 3 cc's too big. How your measurements can vary that much is beyond me. After 5 times of measuring they told us they were going to get back to us sometime that night to let us know what was happening. I figured they were going to sit down somewhere and review their measurements in private. They never flat out told us on the spot that he was being tossed. About 2 hours later we find on drag race central that they revised the final round and gave Daniels the win.

Trust me, if I would've known their final decision was to bounce Pancake, I would've looked into it much further. There is no way his pistons are too big. At the time I didn't want to insult their intelligence by questioning them in their own trailer about how to do their job, but now I wish I would have questioned it right then and there because we got screwed. I really feel bad for Jim because he won that race fair and square. He did a great job driving and the Holt's did an excellent job getting him from point A to point B.