Quote:

Quote:

Exactly why would it cost more to build a class legal car? I'll stand by what I said, a guy like cw could build a legal car as fas as what he's got for less than 70 if he did all the work himself,of course if he did that I'm sure he wouldn't have the time to devote to what he does best

There are very very few people that could do "everything" themselves and have any type of halfway decent car in the end. You can always tell a car when someone claims to everything in house. Usually half the car is marginal, and other aspects of it are just poor quality.

But that few can if they had the desire and the where with all to do it.The only question I have is who wants to dedicate all their time and money to a "class car" other than for personal selfsatisfaction.To build a class car or SS/AH car by yourself and on a budget would be similar to a masochist whom derives pleasure from injury.I would stay clear of such a project unless I had the funds to seek out the best of each in their field to build each componant that would compliment the total assembly and find the best driver to obtain a successfull goal.My opinion of class racing is a dog chasing it's tail.If it catches it,so what? And if it's a short tail it may even get a bad taste in it's mouth. I have watched over the years many noted classes racers and find the only reward out side of their circle is the notation in the back of National Dragster or Drag News:Class winner so and so,one of one,one of 2,how much more obscure can your hard work and vested value be deminished.