Quote:

one step further, when was the last pre porter head, pre inline crossram ,pre tunnel ram records ----and what would be the record today with those same limits?

We ran real crossrams up until 8.50's. When Bucky was running 8.90's we still had cast crossrams, no sheetmetal.

I'm not sure when head porting was allowed but some people were really stretching the rules, that's why they eventually allowed head porting. Some people really picked up and some ran the same. Not too hard to figure out who was cheating. I wasn't old enough but I'm sure most of you witnessed this, I'm not telling you anything.

My point is, how can you pinpoint "pre-porting"? I would like to see the records too. I may be wrong but I thought it was pretty stale for awhile. Wasn't it stuck at 9.38 for a long time?

I remember going to Indy with hardly any SS/AA cars in the pits at all. Mopar was telling my Dad that Hemi's were gone forever, run a B1 instead. That's why Mopar gave John Friel a Lebaron to run in SS/AM. I'm glad my Dad stuck with the Hemi program.