It actually needs more than just paint; there's some hurt in the floor on the passenger side, and the bottom of the driver's door is going 'swiss cheese'.

But, apart from that, it's not that bad.

I'm thinking pizza cutters, pie crusts, an original blue (like what's under the hood) repaint with mild pinstriping, and a sixties-style signage painted on the doors (like a shop truck).

And right now, it just has stock 11" drums. But they work okay. They have maybe 2K miles on a complete rebuild; stop the truck pretty well.

FWIW, I've got three sets of calipers, and one set of discs; scrounging parts for a brake swap. But a replacement for that keyed axle rear end comes first.

I think that an early hemi would be a better choice than my big block. Unfortunately, I didn't have one when I started putting the truck together, and got deep into the project before I ran across a 331.

BTW, there were Dodge trucks with the larger (chrysler) hemis that had "Dodge" scripted valve covers. I think 1.5T and up That would be the BOMB...

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?