Hello, Truck-minded Mopartsfolk;

I am about to hit a milestone with this build. I thought I would share.

1965 D100 Utiline. Former push truck for a racing team in California. I have made contact with the original owner's son. I hope to get some pictures of the truck in action, supporting a team in the California sunshine.

Truck has the Custom interior option so, engine-turned pieces around gauge cluster and lower area of dash. I found a gauge panel from Mooneyes (I think) that comes close to the same pattern. We put new floors in, new carpet, tried to evict the wasps and bees....

Originally /6 NP435... is now: 1958 392 Hemi 2x4 with "spirited cam" from Gary Stauffer, custom-built headers, Tremec 5speed, American Powertrain clutch, flywheel, pressure plate. Now has Crown Victoria front suspension. Big disc brakes in front, rebuilt drum setup in rear (we had one helluva time getting the correct brake parts in the rear. Will probably change to rear discs after that horrific episode). 8 3/4.

Today, it headed out for front end alignment and some different wheels. These are stock Crown Vic cop car wheels in the pics. I am staying with the tires but American Racing has a wheel that looks better, has better offset and lets me use the same tires.

The Milestone is after years and years and many failed attempts, this sucker is (as of this posting) headed out on Hot Rod Power Tour with American Powertrain. Who knows, they may change their mind tomorrow but TODAY.... it hit the threshold for that journey in terms of trouble-free operation and that is a big, damned deal if you ask me.

The truck is very personal to me and my family. I purchased this truck the DAY my son was born. What was I doing shopping for cars when Momma is in labor? Well, I sent the email to a friend and transferred the funds while I was in the hospital. When I put my phone down, everybody was looking at me: "get your ass in here and help" ... I had never been to any birthing classes or anything. Like a bucket of fried chicken - I grabbed a leg and went at it.

I have attached some pics. Thanks for reading. Thanks for all the details and help over the years.

received_311980863032161.jpgFB_IMG_1496419068107.jpgFB_IMG_1549398311950.jpgreceived_356771318313414.jpg