the locking collar doesn't attach to the inner bearing race. it is used sometimes as an added insurance to keep the shaft length in position in case something happens.
it doesn't really matter if the shaft turns in the bearing, or the bearing turns in the heim [we are talking the .007 oversize heims here], as there is not much continuous movement.
i don't like the shaft turning inside the bearing myself. when that happens, i mark both sides of the shaft where the heim will be, take the shaft off, then chuck the shaft in the lathe and use a serration tool to make serrations on the shaft in that area. reassemble the heim on the shaft, and the serrations make the heim a light press fit.
taking into consideration most don't have a lathe at home, mark the shaft where the heim will end up, then take a sharp center punch and make several deep punch marks on both sides of the rounded portions of the double D shaft.
put a tiny dab of red loctite on each side, tape the joints where the bearing is on both sides, tap the heim into position with a section of 3/4" water pipe.
when done, wipe off the excess loctite [making sure none got under the tape and into the bearing race], then stand, or hang, the shaft vertically. this insures any loctite that may run out will run down the shaft instead of migrating into/around the bearing and race.
don't know if this will be helpful to you or not.
beer