So, under the heading of “the plans of mice and men” ! It snowed most of last week and the internal (me) and mostly external (others) strongly suggested that I plow the rather long driveway on Sunday. So not much accomplished in the shop. Just some mock up pictures, the pinion angle and side to side dimensions and welding of spring perches is NOT done. I want the car low and the conventional wisdom is the frame must be 4 inches or more from ground level, The ‘56 Plymouth rocker sills extended 2 inches past the bottom of the frame so the frame has to be at 6 inches, accomplished this with 4 inch lowering blocks.

Gene mentioned about pinion angle and the danger of setting it without the body on and I tried pulling the shackles back into approx ride height but only got a couple of inches. I’m not putting the body back on to set the pinion so I’m going to roll the dice and fake it, I’m thinking of 0 degrees with the shackles pulled back and some weight on the rear of the frame, it might settle to 3 degrees (maybe) springs are actually very flexible up and down.

The bubble flare on the brake lines came as a rude surprise! So more new tools. I have only tripped over the emergency cables 66 times so far #####. mad

, , ,