As usual it is two (maybe) steps forward and at least one back. I hate Murphy. Keep in mind this is a work in progress and not a photo op.

I ordered one double and one single steering u-joint and a 3/4 DD shaft off eBay and I had a old hiem 3/4 shaft support bearing from a previous project. When I test fitted the shaft to the bearing it was not a press fit and the shaft just turned inside the bearing. Much confusion over reduced shaft size on the net that I never did understand. So I installed everything and applied permatex bearing mount and it worked well (to well). After curing overnight I could not turn the steering wheel, I had inadvertently got some chemical into the support bearing. I don't know where the hiem joint (in picture on the A arm) came from and was going to order a new one but they don't come with a locking collar (for the small shaft) and could not find definitive dimensions so ordered a stock car firewall style. Its in the modified old bracket now.
[Linked Image]
I am using the complete Dakota original wiring harness (trying to trick the computer) and the main block plug fit (with some grinding) the original wire plug hole.
[Linked Image]
Unfortunately the inside half of the plug had a very short wire harness to the fuse box so to avoid rewiring it went into the kick panel, not great but it will do. Please note my first re-upholstery job for this project on the new kick panels . Good enough for me.
[Linked Image]
The Dakota gauges installed in the modified Plymouth dash. Came out OK.
[Linked Image]
OFF TOPIC, but of interest: I often get sidetracked on other small things, the fuel injection intake was ugly bad dirty dull, so a couple of minutes a day I would brush / spray, paint remover, grease remover, thinners, varsol, oven cleaner. and anything that I didn't know what it was on. it still looked bad but test primed with acid etching primer and then some wheel paint. Wow!.
[Linked Image],[Linked Image]