Yes, you can use the driveshaft you have.

Sorry, nearly all the modern era factory Mopar motors are offset to the right, as you are sitting in the car/truck, guess I never gave it any thought that others might not know that. Now someone is probably going to tell us the right had drive motors are offset to the left. The offset was originally for steering column clearance. Probably started when the V8 first showed up.

If you really look and start measuring, that Dakota crossmember under the motor is not centered between the frame rails either, it is also offset a couple inches towards the passenger side! It really becomes apparent when you try to center the front frame horns, one will be longer then the other, and at a different angle. The new frame horns and the Dakota's original frame and crossmember on my 39 pickup all looks pretty goofy hanging out where everyone might see them, good thing the grill shell and my hand made lower grill piece is hiding most of it. I'm trying to go fenderless with this pickup, fenders would have made things a lot easier, too bed the fenders I have are so rough. Gene

AH, what fun would it be if everything was easy? Yea, I know what your thinking, "It would be nice if at least some of the stuff was easy." I think "cheap", "easy", and "cars" are all mutually exclusive terms. They just don't fit together well. Gene