Its been done by a guy here in Ohio, Dave Laube, ???, and I studied his build. That is the perfect way to do it. It gets the inner connection points where they need to be. He didnt use a rear steer though with the Pivot Idea Though that would work.

He used a front steer, and removed the two steering tie ends fabbed up a new drag link with higher inner mounting points and bolted it to the rack where the arms plug in. Ran new tierods and he claims it functions perfect in both Bump steer and ackerman.

I had a appointment with him to view his work first hand but i never got out there. I also have the article with pics of his build. I can send copies if anyone would like. After his article ran he was barraged with calls including mine. So many infact that now he stop taking them.

Someday I may convert mine over, but that would mean another redo. Even though mines not perfect after many adjustments and head scratching and studying, making models, flipping steering arm ball joints back and forth. And then just making my own.

I finally have my rack working fairly well, but not perfect. In the abody you just cant get the rack back and up far enough for its proper position. That dang crank centerline is in the way.

If you dont do the Drag link thing the best thing you can do is minimize the issues the best you can. mike

Edit, Pivot/rear steer

Last edited by Sport440; 03/27/09 06:13 PM.